Do not immerse any electrical component or device in
Safety glasses must be used when cleaning parts with
(2) Clean armatures, coils, and solenoids with compressed air and
wipe with a clean lint-free cloth dampened in cleaning solvent.
(3) Wipe electrical terminals with a clean, lint-free cloth dampened
with cleaning solvent.
Use a soldering iron to clean solder from terminals and
Gaskets, Seals, and O-Rings
(1) Clean all old gasket particles from mating surfaces.
(2) Discard and replace all gaskets, seals, O-rings, and flat
GENERAL INSPECTION INSTRUCTIONS
General - Perform an inspection of all parts as soon as possible after
Instructions for specific inspection procedures are included
throughout maintenance procedures for specific components.
Visual Inspection - Visually inspect all machined and polished areas.
Use a strong light to shine across polished surfaces to inspect for scoring,
cracks, breaks, or excessive wear.
(1) Visually inspect wiring for frayed edges or damaged insulation.
(2) Inspect all electrical parts such as solenoids, with power
applied, to observe actual operation.
GENERAL REPAIR INSTRUCTIONS
Thread Repair - Use the proper size tapping tool to repair tapped
Discard and replace all hardware that has defective threads.
Press Fit Parts
(1) Bearings may require the use of a pneumatic or hand-operated arbor