(1) Inspect Bath Unit thoroughly to make certain it is in a serviceable
(2) Perform organizational preventive maintenance checks and services
(PMCS), table 4-1.
(3) Correct all deficiencies.
Cleaning and Drying. Remove all contamination from Bath Unit by an
approved method. Approved methods of cleaning, drying, types of
perservative, and methods of application are described in TM 38-230.
(1) Repaint all surfaces where paint has been damaged or removed.
Refer to paragraph 4-14m, step 5.
(2) Apply a medium-grade protective lubricating oil to exposed,
polished, or ground metal surface susceptible to corrosion or not
(1) seal all openings on water heater, water pump, hoses, shower
stands, and power source with pressure-sensitive tape.
(2) Wrap suction hose strainer, power source outlet box, and all repair
parts and tools in barrier material and then seal them.