Figure 67. Right side axis bearing and vertical clamp, removal and installation.
lever for cracks, breaks, dents, and
Inspect all threaded
surfaces for worn or damaged threads.
(3) Remove all burs and straighten minor
b. Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair.
dents and bends. Replace all defective
(1) Clean all metal parts with an approved
parts that cannot be repaired.
cleaning solvent and dry thoroughly.
(2) Inspect the telescope axis for cracks,
the vertical clamp and right side axis bearing.
breaks, burs, and damaged threads.
(3) Remove all burs and straighten all dents
and bends. Replace all defective parts
axis bearing and vertical clamp.
that cannot be repaired.
(3) Install the vertical slow-motion screw (par.
123. Telescope Axis
(3) Install the telescope objective end (par.