disassemble the horizontal clamp.
c. Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair.
(1) Clean all metal parts with a cloth
dampened with an approved cleaning
solvent and dry thoroughly.
(2) Inspect the clamp for burs, cracks,
breaks, and worn or damaged threads.
(3) Inspect the pins and jaw for scoring, burs,
and wear. Inspect the lever for wear,
cracks, and damage. Inspect the knob for
burs and damaged threaded surfaces.
(4) Remove all burs and minor scoring and
scratches from polished surfaces.
(5) Repair or replace all damaged or
the horizontal clamp.
(2) Install the horizontal slow-motion screw
Figure 62. Horizontal clamp, removal and
Figure 63. Horizontal clamp, disassembly and reassembly