(13) In the thirteenth column, enter the "DIFFERENCE CORRECTED." "DIFFERENCE CORRECTED" is
obtained by multiplying the values from columns 8 and 12.
(14) In the fourteenth column, enter the "UNADJUSTED ELEVATION." "UNADJUSTED ELEVATION" is
determined by the algebraic addition of the successive values from column 13 to the initial station
(15) In the fifteenth column ("CLOSURE ADJUSTMENT"), space is provided for the arithmetical adjustment
of the difference between the initial and final values obtained at the benchmark. Intermediate elevation
values are adjusted proportionately. If the field altimeter observations have included other points of
known elevation, the series of observed elevations are adjusted to the known elevations.
(16) In the sixteenth column, enter the "ADJUSTED ELEVATIONS." "ADJUSTED ELEVATIONS" are
determined by the algebraic sums of the values shown in columns 14 and 15.
(17) In the seventeenth column ("KNOWN ELEVATIONS"), space is provided for the recording of any
elevations of occupied points which have previously been determined by spirit leveling, so that
"CLOSURE ADJUSTMENT" factors may be applied between these stations.