LETTER OF INSTRUCTION
This vehicle is carrying radioactive materials.
Military/Commercial Vehicle Permanent Transport Document
PURPOSE. The document provides information required by Title 49 CFR Part 172.203(d) for the movement of the Tester,
Density and Moisture, MC-1, by military/commercial vehicles. (Document must be maintained in operator's compartment
1. Item being Transported: Tester, Density and Moisture, Nuclear Method, NSN 6635-01-030-6896.
2. Radioactive Material Special Form N.O.S.
3. Identification Number: UN2974.
4. 10 mci Cs 137 & 50 mci Am 241/Be.
5. Special Form. (Sealed in double encapsulated stainless steel).
6. Radioactive-Yellow II.
7. Transport Index: (Numeric value as listed on the Yellow II label which is determined by the LRPO, each time the
tester is shipped out).
8. Number of testers being shipped:
9. Unit issued the tester: Mailing address.
10. Tester being transported to:
Tester being transported from:
11. Date(s) of Travel:
12. Certification and supporting safety analysis for special form source, Tester, Density, and Moisture, MC-1, NSN
6635-01-030-6896, LIN W02673, is maintained by the U.S. Army Tank-Automotive Command (TACOM), ATTN:
AMSTA-CZ, Warren, MI 48397-5000, Commercial Telephone: (313) 574-7635/6194 or AUTOVON 786-7635/6194.
13. Certification and supporting safety analysis for specification 7A packaging TYPE A container for Tester, Density
and Moisture, MC-1, NSN 6635-01-030-6896, LIN W02673, is maintained by TACOM, ATTN: AMSTA-CZ, Warren,
MI 48397-5000. Commercial Telephone (313) 574-7635/6121 or AUTOVON 786-7635/6121